Today's video is Part 5 in our 12-part video series, "Everyone Has a Story", where we share stories of those buried in Fairview Cemetery in New Albany, IN.
In today's video we share the story of the first piano to Floyd County, IN. This fascinating story spans more than 140 years of history and intertwines three family stories in the telling of this beautiful tale.
The overarching theme of this story is love. The love of family, friends, and, of course, music.
We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments! Each video is released on Tuesdays on a bi-weekly basis. We hope you enjoy today's video! Wishing you and yours a beautiful day!
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
* Music licensed through Audio Jungle
* Flatboat images: Public Domain
* Images of William and Eliza Culbertson: Courtesy of the Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site
* Image of John Hunt Morgan: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Online Catalog
* Image of Morgan's Raid of Salem, IN: Indiana Historical Society, P0455.
* Map of 1830: https://ket.pbslearningmedia.org/ Used with permission.
* Images of the Ayers-Hedden Piano: Courtesy of Darlene Piell
* All other images: Courtesy of Stuart Barth Wrege Indiana History Room in New Albany, IN
* The New Albany Tribune Article Monday, Nov. 7, 1977: Courtesy of the Stuart Barth Wrege Indiana History Room in New Albany, IN